You are hereAbout Us
REASONS TO SHOP HERE EITHER IN PERSON OR ON-LINE (See FAQ #4 at bottom)
We were fortunate enough to broker a deal for the BradSquared collection of 10,000 Comics that for the most part are Museum quality high grade, covering the 50's through the 70's with a couple of hundred 1st issues. Green Lantern, Star Trek and the first U.S. appearance of Dr. Who to mention a few. The vast Majority of these will be Auctioned through http://www.comiclink.com. Browse our catalog for the ***Comic Listing*** for more info on that.
1. I am a Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror fan. You won't be buying from someone who may just be selling any books to make a buck.
2. I have an incredible selection of pre 1975 science fiction. Look for any author in my catalog and if you can't find them, let me know. My catalog cannot possibly always be up to date, so if you're looking for something and don't see it there, call or e-mail us to ask if we have it. I have magazine complete sets of certain years which make for good presents for the sci-fi fan when you don't know what to get them, get them a collection of mags from the year they were born. Or a Gift Certificate.
3. I take special care of my books. Almost all my listings come with a scan of the ACTUAL cover of the book. Meaning I take the time to scan my own.
4. I give credit to Cover Artists who I think don't get nearly the credit they deserve for their contributions to the Genre.
5. I list the exact condition the book is in. Any and all defects will be noted.
6. Fair pricing. I do extensive research to see what other people are selling for and price lower. In store values will almost always beat others on-line pricing.
7. A portion of your money will end up benefiting Veterans and Children as I have two Charities I support.
8. I add fun to the experience. Special Events listed on the Blog and Facebook.
9. I love educating and being educated. Good discussions here and I don't know nor pretend to know everything. The Comics collection has grown and I'm not a comic guy, so feel free to teach me.
10. I encourage browsing and you can spend hours here and not buy and it won't get you a sour look, only a "come back again."
11. Plenty of room to move around in. Easily handicap accessible. Simply laid out. I have more books than I can put out on the shelves so feel free to ask if you don't find what you're looking for. I only put out one copy of each book but may have an earlier or later edition.
12. Keeping used books circulating so that people can read their favorite authors older material, and the Retro atmosphere. Much of my collection may never be in e-book format.
13. Keeping the Internet and Chains from wiping out the Independent Booksellers. It's interesting to note that they are closing faster than some of us Indies!!!
1: How come you have so much cool and hard to find stuff?
Well, as a brick and mortar store, people who are selling tend to call us first, rather than go to Internet only businesses. Especially people who are older who have Science Fiction, Comic Books and Sports Collectibles that pre-date the 70's. Let's face it, people who are really tech savvy were born after the age of tried and true collectibles. So much stuff was made in the 80's that it's hardly worth the price that was paid for it then, now. Of course there are exceptions but overall this is an accurate answer.
2: What's your buying policy?
Generally it is a good idea to send us a list of what you have rather than just bringing it into the Store. We have so much stuff that we have multiple copies of and will be less likely to buy it. So we want to save you a trip. Believe me we want to buy stuff, we just want to buy the right stuff!!!
3: I have old first edition books how do I sell them to you?
First off, age is relative. Pre 1900 is "old" in our definition, but there are plenty of books written before 1950 that would qualify as "old." Many "old" books are not rare, or hard to find, it really depends on how many were published. As to First Editions......Worth is determined by the First Actual Printing of the First Edition. Your book may be the First Edition of a certain publishing but not necessarily the first printing of the book.
4. What's the best way to buy from you on-line?
Just make an order and pay by Pay Pal. Free U.S. shipping. If you're International and you want something shipped, contact me for details.
(Unless otherwise noted all books listed on website are paperbacks. Hardcovers & Trades will be identified as such. PLEASE NOTE *** DO NOT ORDER MULTIPLE COPIES OF A BOOK. I MAY ONLY HAVE ONE IN STOCK. )